Sunday, April 5, 2009

Oh, my!!!

I know...I still have to get pics up...but this was just way too funny not to share....

Kailey and Jake are drawing pics for Jesus....it's so sweet....

Kailey comes running out to me and tells me....

"This is the cross I died on last week when my mommy was running after me"

I guess they are really listening in church!!!

Jake had to come and show me his picture of "Jesus and the cross He died on"

I have to get some pictures of these....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have got to be one of the meanest Mommies and Aunts alive...

Both Jake and Kailey were just bouncing off the walls...hyper...mouthy...not listening...you name it...Why on earth I thought going to Burger King was a good idea, I'm not sure.  AND...I didn't do what my good friend Judy does with her kiddos...go thru the Drive Thru and then go to the play area....what a GREAT idea...one that I WILL use!

Anyway...I set the expectation of no yelling, no running, you need to sit at the table while I order.  Well, that was probably expecting a little too much from them, but, at the time, I thought they could handle it.  Of course, they were bouncing off the walls, there, so I warned them and reminded them of the consequence of leaving if they did not behave.  Well, let's just say, they chose not to behave and we left...didn't even get a chance to order.  I guess that it didn't help that I felt like people were looking at me like I couldn't control these children.  I don't understand why parents of teenagers seem to forget what it is like to have a 3yr. old that sometimes can be loud and disobedient.  

1 comment:

  1. Let me just encourage you for a minute Lori! It is extremely challenging to add an older child to the family overnight. Trust me - I know. Jake is probably doing a lot of adjusting right now and so is Kailey. They're used to being only children. Suddenly their "birth order" is all mixed up and they're trying to figure out a new role and how they fit in! It's going to take some time. But you are doing a great job. Being consistent and following through with what you say is the best thing you can do!! I'll bet they'll do better the next time you go to Burger King. I have totally done what you did a million times. And why is it that on days when you have the worst behavior you feel the need to go somewhere??? I do that too (like yesterday and it didn't turn out well) but I think it's more for me than for them. Sometimes I feel like I might go insane if I don't get out of the house :)

    ReplyDelete