Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wondering and Pondering....

I have been wondering about something....It is with a very heavy heart that I ponder this thought. How long do you give and give and give before you give up? How long do you try and help only to be rejected time and time again? How long do you give words of advice based on your experience, only to fall on deaf ears?

This is where I am. I know I do not have all of the answers and I am by far perfect, but when you care about someone so much and only want the best for them, when do you stop because it hurts you too much?

As I sat crying feeling sorry for my self and feeling like a failure for trying to help, the Lord spoke to my heart. I would like to interject here that God has the voice of Max Lucado to me...if you have watched any of the Hermie video's you will know what I am talking about. If I am sitting here this hurt and pained by what is happening in my itty bitty human life, oh, how must God feel when we do not heed his PERFECT advice?? I can hear him saying, with pain in his voice (like Max Lucado), "Oh, my child, if you would only listen". He must have the same goals that I have had...to help, make life so much easier, be an encouragement, be a friend...only to be rejected. I will tell you, this is hurting me so bad, I can only imagine what God must feel.

This also makes me think of gratitude...again...how long do you keep giving to someone when it goes unappreciated? Now, I am not talking about getting the "Giver of the Year" award or anything like that, but a simple Thank You...I appreciate it...would be nice every once in a while. I think a person can only go so long doing something for someone without hearing Thank You. Now, I realize that there are many thankless jobs out there and that many people do things because they love doing it and would do it without ever hearing Thank You. And once again, I wonder how it hurts God to not hear Thank You.

We hear of John 3:16 so many times, but, I think it goes even farther than Eternal Life...I believe that it can also be relevent to our everyday life....

John 3:16 (The Message)

16-18"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.

We can have a WHOLE life...a fulfilled life...God does not want us to live an unfulfilled life or a partial life...but a WHOLE life...and ANYONE can have a whole life. Even today, no one needs to be destroyed in spirit...those that are downtrodden and wounded...my heart breaks for them. I need to remember that I am not Jesus, Jr....I can not fix or make whole...only Jesus can do that...but can I be Jesus with skin on?? Yes....


No comments:

Post a Comment